Marcus Center is looking for a Full Time Information Technology Associate
Job title Information Technology Associate
department Computer science
FLSA Status Non-exempt
Employment status Full time
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Information Officer, the Information Technology Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and management of the technology infrastructure at the Marcus Performing Arts Center (MPAC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, maintain and configure hardware and software systems in accordance with MPAC policies.
- Troubleshoot and repair network components, hardware and software.
- Perform routine maintenance and inspection of network and server systems.
- Test network and server systems to verify functionality and performance.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades to achieve optimum performance.
- Maintain IT infrastructure and manage help desk issues.
- Administer user accounts and serve as a technical resource for the Center.
- Perform system backup and database archive processes to ensure data recovery.
- Provide technical support to servers, networks, phones and other IT platforms.
- Provide training to other Center employees.
- Use judgment and creativity in the selection and correct application of procedures and in determining when to report problems to the supervisor.
- Work effectively with all members of the Marcus Center team.
- Other tasks and responsibilities can be assigned or removed at any time.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and / or abilities required.
Education and experience
- Associate’s degree in information technology and two years of work experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- A high level of interpersonal skills to manage sensitive and confidential information and situations. Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a high level of precision and attention to detail.
- Will be required to communicate with other employees, contractors and partners of the Center. Must be a collaborative team player. Requires the use of tact and good judgment.
- The position requires above average written and oral skills and the individual must be able to compose logical and orderly communication for employees and user groups.
- The position requires above-average technical skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to appreciate multiple diverse perspectives and engage in organizational initiatives related to racial justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / WORK SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee must sit down and use, handle, touch or manipulate objects, tools or controls. The job requires extensive near vision and color. The employee is often required to speak or hear. The employee must sometimes stand, walk, bend, kneel, squat or lift up to 30 pounds. Work with frequent interruptions.
The noise level in the working environment is generally moderate.
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae and three references to: [email protected]
SUMMARY OF THE ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1969, the Marcus Performing Arts Center (MPAC) is the premier gathering space for the performing arts community in Southeastern Wisconsin and acts as an energizing force that connects our community to the world through collaboration, innovation, social commitment and the transformative power of live performance. arts. MPAC presents a diverse mix of cultural arts programs including Broadway tours and the world’s best in contemporary dance, jazz, world music and concerts, offers experiences of artistic education and engagement of high quality and is home to several resident companies, including the Milwaukee Ballet, Florentine Opera, Première Scène and Black Arts MKE. MPAC is committed to promoting racial equity, diversity and inclusion (REDI) by focusing on representation, inclusion and investment in order to build bridges between the diverse members of our community. Please visit marcuscenter.org for more information on this dynamic organization.